Saturday, May 13, 2006

* Good World Bar & Grill (Scandinavian)

Visit my awesome new blog at asiaobscura.com, xoxo Dean

3 Orchard St (Division & Canal St), New York, 212-925-9975

The crowd was preppy, the service forgetful, the food so-so, the prices not-cheap, and yet I loved the place. Maybe it was the comfort factor -- the menu was somewhere between Helsinki's Zetor and SF's (that East German restaurant). Lots of meat, potatoes, and omega-3. And the beer list was grand. I stuck with Duvel... perhaps a mistake (and also perhaps why I enjoyed the meal so much)

Smoked Salmon Rolls - small but tasty. A blast of omega-3 that made me think of Katy's rolls down in Chapel Hill.
Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes, home pickled cucumbers & lingonberry sauce - about as good as Ikea's, which ain't bad.

Z had some huge sausage (made of Venison?) that I don't see on the menu now, but it was okay.


Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone.

No comments: