Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bar Tabac (Bistro)

Visit my awesome new blog at asiaobscura.com, xoxo Dean

Smith Street at Dean St, Brooklyn, NY

local, normally quite good, but...

Salade Nicoise - absolutely boring. they had anchovies listed on the ingredients, but neglected to include them. even after those were added, it just lacked flavor. (Cafe Luluc serves a similarly weak Nicoise, but don't even carry anchovies. The crime!)

Lunch was improved, though, by the awkward grunts and moans of the older man sitting to my right. The table of hipster photographers, to my left, kept nervously glancing at me with each moan.

----------
5/16 UPDATE: returned the next day for the Caesar Salad. Again -- not very good. Definitely lacking in flavor. The chicken was overcooked, tough. My stomach hated me for the meal. I'd skip the salads here. However -- the fries were insanely good. Next time, just get the burger.

No comments: