Monday, October 02, 2006

Cocotte

Visit my awesome new blog at asiaobscura.com, xoxo Dean

337 5th Ave, at 4th St, Park Slope

  Posted by Picasa
Such a cute inside...  exposed brick walls with crummy (but wonderfully appealing) coffee-shop style art on the walls.  Mason jars for tap water.  Old reggae albums playing quietly.  Perfect lighting.  I wanted so much to adore the place, and yet everything else was just terrible.  The service was friendly but completely absent -- five or ten minutes to get menus, longer to get the check.  (I actually had to walk to the back to ask for it.)  The food, as well, awful.  Dense, mostly flavorless, complimentary banana bread.  Brioche that I ordered was also dense, also flavorless.  I feel like scambled eggs with salmon should arrive mixed, cooked into a harmony, but here it was served as an ugly, tasteless omelette with salmon carelessly layered on top.  However it's supposed to be served, this didn't work.  When we did finally get the bill, with tip, it ended up being $40.  Far too much for a meal I really didn't enjoy.

No comments: