Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bar BQ (ummm... bbq)

Visit my awesome new blog at asiaobscura.com, xoxo Dean

689 6th Ave @ 20th, Brooklyn, (718) 499-4872


okay, I know there are those who would say "what do you expect from barbeque in park slope?", but then again, there are others (like me) who sometimes have a need... an emptiness that needs filling... no matter the consequences. And so a chowhound search for bbq in brooklyn led to Bar BQ, 9 blocks due south of here. The place itself is great -- a small local bar, a couple at the counter doing the crossword, a quartet of old guys laughing it up in the back. Pity the food just wasn't all that great. The mac & cheese was real dry. (Most of the food felt as if it'd been sitting under a hot lamp for hours.) The beans seemed completely free of any pork. The ribs were dry, but tasty. And the pulled pork, for me the most important ingredient, was just okay. Again, dry. But okay. Doused in bbq sauce, it was tasty. I'd go back, but I definitely wouldn't take any NC relatives there. (Unless it was for bourbon sampling - the bar boasts the best bourbon collection in all of NY, I recall.) Posted by Picasa

No comments: